Puja timings for today:
- Shubh Muhurat: 18:05 – 20:01
- Pradosh Kaal 17:29 to 20:07
- Vrishabha Kaal 18:05 to 20:01
Festivities have started and celebrations are all around us. While Wednesday is celebrated as Diwali, today is Dhanteras or additionally Dhantrayodashi which denotes the start of Diwali. Dhan implies riches and teras implies the thirteenth day of the moon cycle. This celebration is praised as Lakshmi Puja with fans lighting lights before the god and around the house to avoid insidiously. Lovers additionally bow their heads before the god by singing reverential melodies and offer desserts.
The house is cleaned and embellished with lights, diyas, and conventional rangolis to welcome the Goddess home. Generally, little impressions have attracted the center of the rangoli that demonstrates the landing of god into the house. On this day, fans likewise buy gold and things to welcome the god and keep up riches and success in the house.
Way to Perform Diwali Pooja ( Complete Pooja Vidhi).
- Clean your house properly. Sprinkle Gangajal or water from Ganga river to purify the surrounding.
- Spread the red cloth on a raised platform and keep a handful of grains in the center.
- Place the kalash. Place the kalash in the middle. Fill it with 75% of water and put one supari, one marigold flower, a coin and some rice grains. Put 5 mango leaves in the kalash and arrange them in a circular design on the neck of the kalash.
- Place Goddess Lakshmi. Keep a small Puja thali on the kalash and make a small flat mountain of rice grains. Draw a lotus with haldi over it and place the idol or Goddess Lakshmi in the center. Place some coins in front of it.
- Place Lord Ganesha’s idol. Lord Ganesha is given first importance in every puja. Therefore, on the right side (South-West direction) of the kalash, place the idol of Ganesha. Apply a tilak of haldi and kumkum. Put some rice grains on the idol. Light a Diya with Ganapati Puja Oil and White Madar Wick to get the blessings of Lord Ganesha
- Place books/wealth related items. Now place some books or anything related to your business or wealth besides the arrangement.
- Light diya. Light a panch mukhi diya (oil lamp with 5 wicks) with Lakshmi Puja Oil along with Lakshmi Grace Wick and place it in a thali along with some haldi, kumkum and rice grains. (sandalwood paste, saffron paste, abeer and gulal are optional)
- Start the puja/aarti. Start the puja by applying tilak to the kalash. Apply the same to the lota that is filled with water. Now offer some flowers to each of them.
- Recite Diwali Puja mantra. Take some rice and flowers. Join your hands together and close your eyes. Recite the Diwali puja mantra of goddess Lakshmi or just chant her name and meditate for few minutes to invoke her.
- Offer flower. Offer the flower and rice grains to the Goddess after the prayer
- Bathe the idol of Lakshmi. Now pick up the idol of Lakshmi and place it in a thali. Bathe it with water followed by panchamrita. Clean it with water again. Wipe the idol and place it back on the kalash.
- Put the garland. Now apply haldi and kumkum (sandal paste, saffron paste, abeer or gulal) along with rice to the idol. Place the garland cotton beads around the neck of the Goddess. Place some marigold flower and some Bel leaves. Burn few agarbatti and dhoop.
- Offer sweets & coconut. Offer coconut and place a supari on a supari leaf. Now put some haldi, kumkum and rice over it. Pour some puffed rice, coriander seeds and cumin seeds over the idol. Place some mithai, Diwali sweets, fruits and money or gold ornaments in front of it.
- Perform aarti. Worship the idol by performing the lakshmi puja aarti.