Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme , Benefits, Eligibility Criteria
Benefits, Eligibility Criteria – Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is the scheme introduced by Central Government to provide funds for farmers. It has been executed from December 1st, 2018. This scheme provides the income support of 6000 Indian rupees to the farmer’s family per year when they own the agricultural land of up to 2 hectares. Such money will be divided into three equal parts and given three times of the year.
The scheme introduced to help poor farmer families and the scheme is expected to cover more than 8 crore farmers all over India. To stay eligible for this scheme, the farmers should be the citizens of India and they should have Jan Dhan Bank Account Number, Aadhaar and Mobile Number Almost all farmers are eligible to get the financial support except the below category people.
- All Institutional landholders are not eligible for this scheme
- One or more members of the farmer families are belonging to the past or present constitutional posts or former ministers or members of Lok Sabha or Mayor or retired Government officials. This means those who are a former and present member of holding any Government designations are not eligible for this scheme
- All the retired Government pensioners of getting pension Rs. 10,000 or more than that are not eligible.
- Members in the farmer family, who paid income tax in the last year are not eligible.
- If one or more members of the farmer family are Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects, etc. then they are not eligible.
When the farmer’s family is found to be eligible after meeting the above requirements, then they can apply for this scheme. To apply for this scheme, they should submit the following documents.
- Citizenship certificate
- Landholding papers
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and it was first executed in Gorakhpur of the Uttar Pradesh state on 24 February 2019. It is also known as Manadhan Yojana. The financial support of Rs. 6000 will be given to farmers based on three installments. According to the report, it was found that almost 8 crore farmers registered for this scheme from which 6.25 crore farmers. Such farmers already got the first installment amount and 3.81 crore farmers even got their second installment too.
Thus, the above scheme is much helpful for those farmers to cultivate their agricultural lands and strengthening the occupation which is the backbone of the Indian economy.