Application form online – Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra, Eligibility, Documents
How To Apply For Pilgrimage Scheme Delhi Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra, Eligibility Criteria
The Delhi government has commenced the pilgrimage scheme on July 12th. The chief minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal flagged off the train in which the occupants were primarily pilgrims and senior citizens in that. This scheme is called Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana and is meant for Delhiites. People over the age of 60 can benefit from the scheme. People over 70 can take an attendant along with them. The first phase of Pilgrimage that was flagged off on July 12th was Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi Pilgrimage. The second phase would be on the Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu route from July 20-24. About 77,000 people 1,100 each from 70 assembly constituencies in Delhi will be sent on pilgrimage area. However, they have got to fulfill the eligibility criteria and they would be selected on a first come first basis.
Eligibility guidelines to avail the scheme
You would be able to find the details about the pilgrimage scheme and the eligibility criteria which you can access at the e-district section of Delhi Government website in pdf format. The important eligibility criteria include
- The applicant/spouse should be the resident of Delhi/ territorial Jurisdiction of NCT.
- The applicant should have completed 60 years on 1st January on the year in which you have applied for the pilgrimage scheme
- The applicant/spouse should not be a central/state government or any local /autonomous body.
- The applicant/spouse should not have availed the scheme earlier.
- When a request is made for an attendant, the attendant has to be at least 21 years old.
Documents that are required
The documents that have to be attached to the application you can download online to avail the scheme include
- Copy of medical certificate that is attested. The applicant/spouse is physically and mentally fit to undertake the proposed journey must be mentioned in the medical certificate.
- A voter ID card that is self- attested.
- Self –declaration
- Copy of certificate from MLA for the residence of his/her constituency from GNCT of Delhi or Chairman of the Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti, Delhi.
The document that has to be attached with the form include
- The voter ID card of the applicant, of the spouse and attendant
- A passport size colored photograph
How to apply?
The application forms are available online. it can be filled and submitted online. you may also file the application in Divisional Commissioner Office or office of pilgrimage committee or the concerned MLA. The selection of the candidate is done using the lottery draw technique. However, a verification process follows the selection of the beneficiaries to ensure that the information furnished is right.
The Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra is indeed a good scheme that would enable old people to go on a pilgrimage.