Old Age Pension Telangana – Benefits of the Scheme, Documents Required, Eligibility
How to Apply online Old Age Pension Telangana – Benefits of the Scheme, Documents Required, Eligibility
Aasara is the pension scheme run by the government of Telangana for senior citizens, people suffering from AIDS, widows, disabled weavers, beedi workers, todi tappers and patients of elephantiasis. The scheme was launched in the year 2014.
In order to apply for an old-age pension under the Aasara scheme, the following eligibility requirements need to be met.
- The age of the applicant should be 65 years and above.
- The applicant can be landless agricultural laborer, slum dweller, artisan, porter, coolie, ragpicker, hand cart puller, a rickshaw puller, cobbler and other kinds of an informal worker earning daily.
- Persons belonging to primitive and vulnerable tribal groups.
- Households run by widows or old persons aged 65 years and above with no assured means of income or lack of person capable of working.
- Homeless residing in temporary shelters or huts.
- One pension for a family.
- Aadhar card
- Age proof document of the applicant. Age proof of children or marriage certificate of grandchildren is also valid.
- Death certificate of the husband in case of widows.
- Photocopy of registration with the Co-operative society of weavers in case of weaver applicant.
- In the case of toddy tappers, a photocopy of registration with the society of toddy tappers is required.
- SADAREM certificate in case of a person with 51% hearing impaired or above 40% disabilities.
- Saving bank account number and IFSC code.
- Photograph of the applicant.
How to apply
The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the municipal corporation where the person is residing in Telangana. The form can also be obtained from the nearest MeeSeva center. Fill the application form correctly and attach all the relevant documents.
Submit the application and the documents with Bill Collector in an urban area or Gram Panchayat Secretary in a rural area.
Old age pension received per month after successful processing of an application is Rs 1000/-. For people with disabilities, the pension sum is Rs 1500/-.