Old Age Pension Odisha – Benefits of the Scheme, Documents Required, Eligibility
How to Apply for Old Age Pension Odisha – Benefits of the Scheme, Documents Required, Eligibility
Government of Odisha runs Madhu Babu Pension Yojana for providing financial assistance to senior citizens, widows and disabled people living in the state of Odisha. The scheme was launched after merging two pension schemes; Disability Pension Rules 1985 and Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989. The scheme came into effect on 1st January 2018.
The following eligibility criterias have been fixed for the scheme.
- The applicant should be aged 60 years and above.
- The applicant is a widow regardless of age.
- The applicant is a widow diagnosed with AIDS.
- The applicant suffers from leprosy with visible signs of deformation.
- The applicant is aged above 5 years but is not able to do any kind of work because he/she is blind, orthopedically handicapped, mentally challenged, hearing and speech impaired or suffers from cerebral palsy.
- The applicant is an AIDS patients registered with the State/District AIDS Control Society.
- The applicant is an unmarried woman aged above 30 years belonging to BPL family or having an individual annual income not exceeding Rs 24,000.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The applicant has not been convicted of any criminal offence.
- The applicant is not receiving pension from Union or State government or any other government aided institution.
The following documents are required to apply for the scheme.
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of residence
- Birth certificate
- BPL ration card
- Voter ID card
- For AIDS patient, certificate declaring the applicant to be AIDS patient
- Widow certificate for widows
- Disability certificate for persons suffering from disabilities.
How to apply
The application forms are available at the Gram Panchayats and Urban Local Bodies in the state. Forms are also distributed at Samarthya Sibirs and Gram Sabhas and other dates when camps are set up for such purposes. The duly filled form along with all the supporting documents need to be submitted at the Gram Panchayat Office or .
Beneficiaries up to 79 years of age get Rs 300/- per month while beneficiaries aged 80 and above receive Rs 500/- per month. Amount is transferred to the bank account on 15th every month.