NMMS Scholarship – Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern – NMMS Scholarship
National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship is developed by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development to help the meritorious students who are economically weak and backward by providing financial support to them. This scholarship also helps the physicals challenging students to continue their studies by providing them with a Scholarship amount of INR 12000 per month. Usually, this scholarship will get active during November every year and almost 1,00,000 scholarships are given to meritorious students.
NMMS – Eligibility Criteria:
The NMMS scholarship is allowed to apply by the students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Students should get at least 55% or equivalent grades when passing from class 8 to class 9 to apply for this scholarship.
- Students will get a continuous scholarship when they continue their higher secondary class with at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
- Students will get the scholarship in class 12 when they pass the class 11 with a score of at least 55% in their first attempt.
- The family of the students should not get an annual income of more than 1.5 Lakh.
- Students who are registered in NVS, KVS, Sainik Schools and private schools are not allowed to apply for this Scholarship.
NMMS – Application Process:
- Students to get this scholarship need to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by filling the correct details.
- Students need to get a scanned copy of all the needed documents to upload while filling the application form.
- One has to fill the details properly and check twice while entering the information like educational qualifications, Aadhaar card number, school enrolment number, bank details, and the state domicile et.
- Once you register the application form, you will be getting an application UD of the candidate. Such an ID is used as ‘Login ID’ for future references.
- If the students are studying classes 9 and 10, then they have to apply under the Pre Matric Scholarship, where the students of classes 11 and 12 have to apply under the Post Matric Scholarship.
- Students should enter the details like the student’s name, date of birth, email ID, identification details and mobile number properly with much care.
- Upload all the needed documents and then, the student can make a final check to submit the application form.
Once the students are found eligible for the Scholarship, they have to undergo the selection process conducted by each state/UT. Once they score the required marks in the selection test, they will get the benefits of NMMS.
Thus, economically backward students of having good knowledge and skills can do their education with the financial support provided by the NMMS scholarship.