MCD Property Tax Delhi , Pay Online Property Tax, Online Filing Of Property Tax Returns
Pay Online Property Tax, Online Filing Of Property Tax Returns, MCD Property Tax Delhi
MCD stands for Municipal Corporation of Delhi. MCD property tax has to be paid on all tangible properties in Delhi including vacant land.
How to calculate MCD property tax?
The property tax in Delhi is calculated on the Unit area system. The property tax is calculated based on different factors namely
- Type of property such as commercial, residential, flat, etc.
- Build – up area of the property
- Age and location of the property.
Additional the properties in Delhi are divided into eight categories and three zones (south, north, and east Delhi), which impact the value and property tax rate. Hence before paying your property tax to find out the zone and category your property falls under.
The formula for calculating the MCD property tax
Property tax = annual value * Rate of tax
Here, annual value = unit area value per sq meter *unit area value*age factor*use factor*structure factor *occupancy factor.
Unit area means built-up area and the rate of tax for new properties is higher than the old properties. MCD publishes every year the tax rate for all types of properties fall under different categories. http://18.104.22.168/ptsdmc/ufwithtaxrates.php.
The formula for calculating the MCD property tax for Vacant Land
All vacant lands irrespective of their type are taxed in Delhi. The formula for calculating the property tax is Property tax = Annual value * Unit area.
Here, Annual value for vacant land = unit area value per square*area of vacant land*use factor*occupancy factor*0.3.
How to pay property MCD tax online in Delhi?
- Log in to the MCD property tax official portal, the link is- http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/
- On the home page select the zone under which your property falls, in case you are not sure, use the same site to find out under which zone your property falls. Select the right zone, on doing so you will be diverted to a new page.
- Here accept the terms and condition by ticking on the box and then select the bar titled “ click here to file property tax”
- In newly opened page enter the property Id to proceed, the Id can be found in the receipt and challan of previous years. However, for the first-time payer select “first-time online payment” tab.
- Fill the form will detail of ownership relating to the property and click submit button. Property tax can be paid online using debit, credit card or net banking.
Online payment of property tax is a fast and convenient way to pay your taxes. But do exercise caution while filling in property details such as ID, location and zone. If you prefer offline payment do not forget to generate challan through the site. One can also and visit ITZ cash counter in Delhi to pay the property tax amount.