How to Apply online MahaDBT Scholarship Schemes – Eligibility, Benefit
How to Apply for online MahaDBT Scholarship – Eligibility, Benefit
The MahaDBT scholarship scheme is an initiative on the part of the Maharashtra government to offer post-matric scholarships. MahaDBT or AapleSarkar DBT is a well-known scholarship portal of Maharashtra to avail Direct Benefit Transfer of Scholarship. It is a portal that is run by the Maharashtra government. you would be able to come across at least 38 post-matric scholarships that the different departments of the State Government of Maharashtra offer.
The various scholarship schemes
The list of departments that offer scholarship schemes that are available include
- Social justice and special Assistance department-5
- Department of tribal development-4
- Directorate of higher education- 13
- Directorate of technical education-13
- VJNT, OBC& SBC Welfare Department- 8
- School Education and Sports department- 2
- Directorate of medical education and research -2
- Minority Development department-2
However, you have scholarships that are offered under different names by each department. The eligibility criteria for the same also varies from one to another. You can check the details of the scholarship, the eligibility criteria, the amount you can expect and the disbursal schedule by visiting the portal.
How to apply for Mahadbt?
You can apply for the scholarship through the portal. The basic eligibility criteria apart from the eligibility criterion mentioned for each type of scholarship include
- Having a valid Aadhar card
- The applicant must be a resident of Maharashtra
The steps in applying
- Visit the homepage of AapleSarkar DBT portal.
- Click the New Applicant Registration button to make the registration
- Fill in the aadhar number and proceed
- In the next step, you would have to authenticate the Aadhar number. You could do it using OTP or the biometric
- If you have chosen OTP, you would have to enter the Aadhar number and click on the send OTP button. An OTP number would be generated and sent to your registered mobile number to authenticate the Aadhar number.
- Type the OTP generated in the space provided and click OK.
- Once the authentication is over, the details of the applicant, that is you would be auto-populated in the personal details column.
- You can then create a Username and Password for you to access the portal
- From then on you can log in using Applicant Log in button
- After successful login, you would be able to learn about the scholarships that are available as well as the eligibility criteria.
It is indeed a useful initiative by the state government of Maharashtra to disburse scholarships to worthy students for their post-matric education. It is a user-friendly portal which you can use to avail the benefits.