How we can track PAN Card Status
India’s most famous ID proof know as “PAN Card” A PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is one of THE most important documents in India, with all eligible taxpayers expected to have it. A PAN card has simplified and streamlined the taxation system for the government, providing sufficient information and bringing about transparency in financial transactions. A PAN is mandatory for anyone who hopes to be part of the booming Indian economy, thereby putting additional emphasis on the PAN application.
How we can track your PAN application status
1. SMS facility – Applicants can track their application status through their phone, using a specialised SMS service. An individual can do this by SMSing NSDLPAN followed by their 15 digit acknowledgment number to 57575. They will receive an SMS indicating their current application status.
2. Telephone call – An applicant can call the TIN call centre to receive an update on the current application status. One can reach this call centre on 020-27218080, and will be required to provide his/her application acknowledgement number.
3. Online tracking – Applicants can choose to track their application online, through the official website of TIN-NSDL.
Note: An applicant can track his/her PAN application status 3 days after an application has been submitted. Tracking within 3 days might not provide accurate updates.
Tracking your PAN application status online
1. Online tracking of a PAN application is perhaps the most popular and fastest modes of tracking, with applicants expected to follow a few simple steps to stay abreast of any changes in their application status.
2. An applicant should log on to the official website for PAN, TIN-NSDL and navigate to the PAN section of the website. Once on this page, they have an option to check the status of their application.
3. An applicant will then be required to choose the application type (New PAN/updated information) and provide a few details including the 15 digit acknowledgement number, his/her full name and date of birth.
4. On successfully providing the necessary information, he/she will be directed to a page which shows the current status of the application.
Note: Online tracking of a PAN application is possible only 24 hours after an application is submitted online.
Know your PAN Transaction Status
Individuals who apply for a PAN can pay either through internet banking, credit/debit card or through demand drafts. The transaction status is meant for those who pay through credit/debit cards or internet banking and this can be tracked online. Applicants need to log on to the official website of TIN-NSDL and navigate to the “Transaction Status” page, wherein they get a current update on their PAN application. An applicant will be required to enter the Transaction Number which he/she got after making the payment, his/her name and the date of birth in order to check the status of their application.