How to Apply Online/Offline, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits – Old Age Pension Uttar Pradesh
Old Age Pension Uttar Pradesh – How to Apply Online/Offline, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits
The new old age pension scheme launched by the UP government in the year 2018 provides Rs 800/- per month to senior citizens of the state belonging to the economically weaker section of the society. The new old-age pension scheme increased the pension amount by Rs 50/- as compared to the previous Samajwadi pension scheme. The amount is disbursed directly to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Eligibility Criteria for Old Age Pension Uttar Pradesh
The following eligibility criteria need to be satisfied to apply for the old-age pension scheme.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state.
- The applicant must be aged 60 years and above. The minimum age to apply for the scheme is 60 years.
- The applicant’s name must feature in the BPL list.
- The applicant should be from the Economically Weaker Section or Backward Class of the society.
Documents Required for Old age Pension
The following documents are required to apply for the pension scheme.
- Copy of the domicile certificate.
- Copy of the birth certificate/school leaving certificate/house agreement certificate
- Income certificate issued by the relevant authority
- ID proof such as Aadhar/Voter ID/Ration card
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Bank passbook details
How to apply Online/Offline
The applicant needs to visit http://sspy-up.gov.in/IndexOAP.aspx and follow the below mentioned steps.
- Click on “Old Age Pension” on the homepage of the website.
- Now click on “Apply Online” option
- New page opens. On the new page, click on “New Entry Form”
- The online application form would be displayed on the screen. Fill the application form carefully.
- Upload the scanned documents after filling the application form.
- Click on “Save” button to save your application form.
- Registration acknowledgement slip carrying the registration number is generated. It should be printed for future reference.
- The saved registration form can be edited by going to the “Edit Saved Form/Final Submit” page.
- The form is submitted after the you click on “Final Submit” button.
- Take a printout of the application at the end of the process.
The printout of the application along with the supporting documents must be submitted to DSWO/DPO/DHWO office within one month from date of completing the online process.
Checking application status – Old Age Pension
- Click on “Check Your Application Status” on the homepage.
- Create a password using your registration number and bank account number.
- Thereafter, log in using the password and registration number to know the status of your application.
There is no chance of leakages because the pension amounts are provided directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. Online mode speeds up the process of applying considerably.