Driving License Rajasthan – Procedure for Applying Online and Offline
The regional transport authority of India is entrusted with the responsibility of issuing the driving license and learner’s license for all kind of Motor vehicles in India. Owning a driving license is a vital part of being able to drive a motor vehicle on the roads in India.
The functions of Rajasthan Motor department in addition to issuing the license include registration of vehicles and all related activities.
Who can apply for Driving License in the state of Rajasthan
The candidate applying for a driving license must fulfill the two-fold criteria.
- First, he or she must hold a valid learners license issued by the Regional transport authority
- Next, he or she must have completed the prescribed age as laid down by the government under each head of the driving license.
In India, three different types of driving license are issued. The age requirement for each of these licenses is as follows
- 16 years – to apply for a permanent license to drive a motorcycle without gear.
- 18 years – to apply for a permanent license to drive motorcycle with gear or Light Motor vehicles.
- 20 years – to apply for a permanent license to drive Heavy motor vehicle, commercial and transport vehicle.
The person applying for either of the above mentioned must have held the learner’s license at least for 30 days from the date of issuing by the regional office.
How to apply for the driving license Online/Offline?
A willing an eligible candidate can apply for a driving license either by personally visiting the RTO office or through state and national portal.
Click to the portal for DL in Rajasthan – http://www.transport.rajasthan.gov.in.
On visiting the portal click new application, fill in the required details and upload documents, signature, and photography before submitting. On successful submission pay the prescribed fee for application and book a slot for taking the test.
The procedure under offline method is similar to that of online, here the candidate must personally visit the RTO office to collect the form, submit it, pay the fee and book a slot for the test.
You can Also read: Procedure For Applying Online & Offline Diving License in Sikkim
The applicant should appear on time on the day of the test and bring their vehicle for the test. The competent authority will conduct the test and determine whether the applicant is eligible to be awarded a permanent driving license. The candidates that successfully pass the test will be issued the license and sent to them via post.
List of documents to apply for DL
- Filled and signed application form
- Medical certificate where necessary
- Learners license
- Fee paid receipt
- Three passport size photograph
- Driving certificate in Form 5 issued by training school in case of Transport vehicle license.
- Address proof: passport, Aadhar card
- Age proof: Voter’s ID, PAN card
The license issued by regional transport authority is valid throughout India