Dr.YSR Aarogyasri Scheme Andhra Pradesh – Eligibility criteria , Benefits
Eligibility criteria, Benefits – Aarogyasri Scheme Andhra Pradesh
You have Dr.YSR Aarogyasri scheme introduced by Chief ministerJaganmohanreddy in June 2019. This is basically a scheme that is supposed to help the people of Andhrapradesh Access medical treatment. A similar scheme was followed previously in Andhrapradesh. Since 2014. It was then called the Rajiv Aarogyasri scheme. In 2016, when Andhra Pradesh was split into two states namely Telangana and Andhra, the Scheme was renamed as Dr. NTR VaidyaSeva and followed in Andhrapradesh. At present, the new chief minister of Andhra has decided to relaunch the scheme with improved guidelines. The scheme was, therefore, relaunched as Dr.YSR Aarogyasri Scheme.
Key Features of the Aarogyasri Scheme 2019
- The motto of the scheme is “Health for all” the scheme is aimed at ensuring that the people who belong to the lower and middle- income group get proper treatment for their illness in the hospitals
- The scheme is supposed to be beneficial to all applicants who have to shell out more than Rs. 1000 for their treatment.
- The new scheme unlike the earlier scheme which was meant for those below the poverty line only is now extended to low and middle-income group families too.
- There is a possibility for the applicants to seek admission in government hospitals and in some of the private hospitals for free.
- The lower and middle-income group beneficiaries would be able to avail medical insurance coverage for a year. One can apply for the renewal of the same at the end of the year
- ASHA workers who have been serving as a bridge between the needy in the rural and urban areas. Their salary has been increased from Rs.3000 to Rs.10,000.
- More number of households are estimated to be covered by the new scheme.
- The new scheme clearly lays out the list of diseases that would be treated free of cost. This covers a majority of serious ailments. It covers a number of secondary and tertiary diseases as well.
- A medical card is to be issued to the beneficiaries. They are likely to get free treatment as well as admission in hospitals on producing the health card.
- only legal residents of Andhra would be eligible for the scheme
- The annual income of the family of the applicant should be Rs.5 lakhs or less
- BPL families are eligible if they produce the BPL certificate.
- Medical papers or prior tests that confirm that a person has to spend over Rs.1000 for treatment.
- Aadhar Card or any other identity proof that is recognized by the state government.
The application process for the scheme has not yet been announced by the CM, You can expect a user-friendly interface that would help patients apply for the health care and benefit from the treatment they can get after that.