Diving License Sikkim – Procedure for Applying Online and Offline
How to Applying DL in Sikkim Online and Offline
Driving License is issued under section 1 to 11 of Motor vehicle act, 1989. A person must apply and hold a driving license issued by the transport authority of India to be able to drive on the road. Before applying for the license it is important to understand and follow the rules and regulation laid by the government to make the entire process stress free.
Procedure for applying for Driving License in the state of Sikkim
A person residing in the state of Sikkim can apply for a driving license online and offline. Under online application procedure visit state website link: parivahan.gov.in. After visiting the website click on apply online, complete the form and submit it along with supporting documents. Fee for the driving license can also be paid online.
Whereas in offline procedure the person has to visit the nearest RTO office and collect the application form. On verification of documents, the fee will be collected by the concerned authority in the RTO office.
In both the ways the applicant has to book a slot to appear for a test. The applicant has to visit the RTO office before the scheduled time to take the test given by the authority. This is an important step in getting a driving license. DL is issued only to the candidates that pass the test.
Eligibility Criteria for DL in the state of Sikkim
DL is issued by RTO office in three different types namely,
- DL issued for a motorcycle without gear – the applicant must be at least 16 years for this type of license.
- DL issued for LMV – the applicant must be at least 18 years of age for applying for this type of license.
- DL issued for HMV – the applicant must have completed at least 20 years of age for applying for this type of license.
- In addition to the above requirement, the person applying for the license must possess a valid learner’s license by the RTO department.
- A person can apply for the permanent license only after completion of 30 days from the date of issuance of LL by the authority.
List of Documents to be submitted for applying for Driving License
- Address proof: PAN card, birth certificate, SSC certificate, utility bills, and rental agreement
- Age proof: Passport, voter’s id, Aadhar card, SSLC marks card.
- Additionally, the person must submit application form 4, learners license, passport size photo’s of the candidate, fee paid receipt for rupees 200.