How to Apply for New Voter ID Card in Bihar Online/Offline
Applying for Voter ID through Online Medium: How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Bihar
Registering for a voter’s ID card is now a simple process with the Bihar Election Commission offering individuals both online as well as offline methods of registration. The process of online registration makes it easier for applicants as they do not have to go to the electoral office and register themselves, but can fill up a form and begin the process.
The online application process is listed in detail below:
- Go to the website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Bihar and click on the “Citizen Services/Online Registration”, which will re-direct you to a new tab.
- Select the form you desire from among the options listed. For a new registration, select Form 6.
- Enter the details as required in the boxes on screen, such as your name in English and Hindi, mobile number, email address etc. to register for the service.
- You will receive a code, after which you will be able to register and sign in to the portal and access the online forms.
- Sign in and fill in the form online. You can also choose to save your responses and fill in the form at a later date.
- Once you have entered all the details and uploaded the documents as specified in the form (age proof, address proof and photograph), submit the form.
- On submission, a reference number will be generated, which can be used to track the status of the application.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the information submitted.
- On successful verification, the voter ID card will be sent to your address as mentioned on the form.
Applying for Voter ID through Online Medium: How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in Bihar
Applying for a voter ID card is now a simple and quick process thanks to the Election Commission of Bihar’s efforts to make the voter registration more accessible.
Besides applying for a voter card online, individuals who fulfil the eligibility criteria can also choose to apply offline, by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the electoral office that is located nearest to your place of residence and collect Form 6 for the purpose of new registration of voter in the electoral rolls.
- Fill in the form with all the details required and attach a copy of the documents required-address proof, age proof as well as photographs.
- Submit the form with all the documents to the electoral office, either in person or by post. You will receive an ID reference number, which you can use to track the status of your application.
- Once the form has been submitted, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to confirm the details you have provided in your form.
- After the verification process is completed successfully, you will receive your voter’s ID card through the post or in person.
What kind of documents to be submitted for Voter’s ID Card in Bihar
The following documents are to be submitted along with your application form when applying for a voter’s ID card in Bihar:
- Proof of address (passport/ration card/utility bills/Aadhar card/driver’s licence
- Proof of age (birth certificate/passport/PAN card/Aadhar card/driver’s licence)
- Recent passport sized photographs