How to Apply for New Voter ID Card in Assam Online/Offline
Applying for Voter ID through Online Medium: How to Apply for a Voter’s ID Card Online in Assam
To facilitate a faster and smoother registration process, the Chief Election Officer of Assam has introduced online applications for voter ID cards. This process makes it convenient for applicants to register wherever they are, at their convenience. They no longer have to wait in long queues for application forms or verification processes, and can also track the status of their application online.
Applicants can visit the official website of the Chief Election Officer of Assam, which contains information and guidelines for all upcoming elections as well as registration and application processes.
Follow the given steps to register for a voter’s ID card in Assam:
- Visit the website of the Chief Election Office of Assam (www.ceoassam.nic.in), where you find a “Download Forms” tab to the left of your screen.
- Click on the link and select the form you require. For enrolment of new voters, click on Form 6.
- Choose your language preference (from English, Bengali and Assamese).
- Print the form and fill in the details requested.
- Once you have done so, attach the documents required, such as proof of age and address as well as a passport sized photograph.
- Submit the form either by post or in person to the nearest election office.
- You will receive an application number, which can be used to track the status of your application.
- After submission of the form, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the details provided in the form.
- After successful verification of your details, you will receive your voter’s ID card through the post at the address mentioned in your application form or you can collect it in person from the election office.
Applying for Voter ID through Offline Medium : How to Apply for a Voter’s ID Card Offline in Assam
Individuals who wish to register for a voter’s ID card in Assam can do so offline as well as online. For those who do not have access to the internet or are not familiar with a computer, the offline voter registration process can also be used.
Applying for a voter’s ID card can be done by following the below steps:
- Visit the nearest electoral office (or designated booths as announced from time to time) and collect Form 6, which is the form for registering a new voter in the electoral rolls.
- Submit the filled in and signed form to the electoral office along with the documents required (address proof, age proof, photographs).
- When you submit the form, you will receive a reference number, which can be used to track the status of your application.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the information you have provided in your application form.
- Once the verification process is successfully completed, you will be issued a voter’s ID card. You can collect the card from the electoral office or you could choose to receive it by India Post to the address as mentioned in your application form.
What kind of documents to be submitted for Voter ID in Assam
When applying for a voter ID card, applicants have to submit certain documents for verification purposes.
The documents to be submitted are as listed below:
- Proof of address (Aadhaar card/utility bills/bank passbook/passport/driver’s licence/ ration card)
- Proof of age (PAN card/ passport/ Aadhaar card/ driver’s licence/birth certificate etc)
- Recent passport sized photographs