How to Apply for New Voter ID Card in Andhra Online/Offline
Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
- How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Andhra Pradesh
- How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in AP
- Type of Election Forms Available in AP
- How to track status in Andhra Pradesh
- Tracking Voter ID Status Online
- Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
- Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
- How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
- Verification process of the Voter ID card in Andhra Pradesh
- Process of Voter ID Card Correction Online in Andhra Pradesh
- Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Andhra Pradesh
- Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Online in Andhra Pradesh
- Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Offline in Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Election Commission
- Key responsibilities of Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh
Applying for Voter ID through Online Medium: How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Andhra Pradesh
Given below are simple steps to apply online:
- First go to the website, ceoandhra.nic.in and click on the option E-registration.
- Under E-registration, there are two options, namely, Council Constituency and Assembly Constituency. Select Form 6 from Assembly Constituency.
- Open the Form 6 by clicking on it and the application form opens in front of you, which has to fill in as directed and accurately.
- Once all the details are entered press submit and it will be forwarded to the Andhra Pradesh Election Commission. You will be sent an application reference number with which you can track the application status from time to time.
- Then a Booth Level Officer will arrive at your place in order to verify every info you have given them before deeming it right that you get your voter ID card.
- In case you need any help regarding this or have a query, please dial the toll free number 1950.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in AP
No doubt that our country is going steadily digital, which is user-friendly to the point that people do things like applying for voter ID card in minutes. But not everyone has the access or even basic computer skill to do it. And even if they do, some evidently prefer the slow but ‘reliable’ (in their eyes) method of applying in person. Those people can still apply for a voter ID card offline in Andhra Pradesh by getting in touch with their nearest electoral office.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Secure the application form and other listed forms from your nearest electoral office. Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll), Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll), Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given) and Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll) are the election ID card related forms. As a new applicant you must get Form 6.
- Along with the correct form for application, as in Form 6, you must also submit other necessary KYC documents as your age proof, ID proof and residence proof. You can submit copies of your driving license, passport, Aadhar card, latest utility bill, SSLC Book, Ration Card, rental/ lease agreement or LIC Policy paper among others accordingly.
- Please bear in mind to submit information of your family members who already possess Voter ID cards or if their name is included in the electoral roll. This can certainly help in speeding up the process a bit.
- Go to the closest Electoral Registration Office to give the documents. Upon authorization and verification, the Booth Level officers (BLOs) sent by the ERO will come to your given address to see that all the info given are correct.
- To give a voter ID for all listed voters, regular drives are structured by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). Such drives are endorsed in every new media from time to time.
Right to choose our body of governance by voting – this ground-breaking piece of legislation was a milestone in the long struggle for civil rights and a momentous step forward in the progression of our democracy.
We call ourselves the citizens of India. But can we really, considering our flippant attitude towards voting and rejoicing on Election Day because it is another holiday? Casting your vote is a right as well as responsibility. Then why do we hold ourselves back? And what is the reason for this apathy? It could be lack of awareness, ‘having no time’ or simply a sense of detachment. Calling it selfishness would be harsh though.
The right to vote was one of the greatest triumphs of the centuries long freedom fight. Now, as then, amendments happens when masses demand it; in the poll booth, out on the streets in nonviolent protests etc. Citizens should remind themselves of what is been accomplished in the bygone times, and resolve to do equally if not more for the country in future.
Nevertheless, as a free and democratic nation, it is quite imperative that you exercise this right and the first step to that is applying to get a Voter ID Card, if you have not already. Though the procedure to get one is not drastically different from state to state, there are slight variations here and there. Let us check out how you can go about acquiring a voter ID card in Andhra Pradesh.
Type of Election Forms Available in AP
There are many elections forms listed on the site. Each form is fashioned for different purpose. You need to be careful to get the correct form. The form names and their purposes are given below:
- Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll)
- Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll)
- Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given)
- Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll)
How to track status in Andhra Pradesh
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
- To check your status online, visit the Andhra Pradesh CEO website(http://ceoaperms.ap.gov.in/Status/Search.aspx).
- You can choose to check your status using your Application ID or your House Number.
- Select your form:
- Form 6
- Form 7
- Form 8
- Form 8 A
- Enter your ID or house number and click on “Search” to generate your results.
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
To track your Voter ID status, you can send the following SMS.
- VOTEvoter ID number to 9246280027
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
You may lose your voter ID card under numerous circumstances. It may get stolen, misplaced or damaged. As Voter ID is one of the most important document that every citizen over age 18 must have, you are strongly advised to get a duplicate voter ID card at the earliest. There are some legalities involved when it comes to applying for a duplicate voter ID card in Andhra Pradesh.
Follow the given steps to get Duplicate Voter ID in AP:
- First thing to do when you find that you lost your voter ID card is to visit the nearest police station and lodge an FIR. This is important as voter ID is a national identity document and can be misused. With an FIR filed, you are safe from any consequence that might arise due to fraudulence.
- FIR should contain particulars on how and when you lost your card as well as you want to apply for a duplicate card. Keep a copy of the FIR with you.
- Download Form 002, which is strictly designed for application of duplicate voter ID. You can also collect that form directly from the local Election Commission office.
- Fill the form as directed and all the information should be accurate. Attach a copy of the FIR to it as well as all the KYC documents as proof of age, proof of residence and ID proof.
- Then just as in the first time application, a Booth Level Officer would come to verify the submitted details. You will soon get your duplicate voter ID delivered by post.
Verification process of the Voter ID card in Andhra Pradesh
Verification is the most serious aspect of the entire procedure. Tedious as it is for the Election Commission to verify every voter’s details by sending officials to their houses, this shows the enormity of it all and how there is no room for error left. Even though the verification process of voter ID cards in Andhra Pradesh is mostly handled by the Election Commission of India, it needs staunch backing from the state election commissioners to accelerate the procedure. In case you have gone for online voter ID card registration, you shall anticipate an ECI officer’s visit. They usually come within 30 days from the day you submitted the application. Please note that the verification process is much quicker for those who have given hard copies of all their documents.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Online in Andhra Pradesh
Due to the sheer number of voter ID card applications hitting their server on a daily basis, it is quite possible to make mistakes while entering the info on the cards. Also, it is not at all unheard of for people to get completely wrong ID cards by mistake. The Form 8 is principally useful for those people who find that there is an error or more on their newly availed voter ID card. And yes, the process of voter ID card correction online in Andhra Pradesh is quite simple.
To make these alterations online without the added stress of umpteen visits to the regional electoral office, you can simply download Form 8 from Meesava. Upon submission, the same verification process that followed your documentation for verification will ensue. An official will visit your house to confirm submitted details. The corrected ID will be soon delivered to you by post.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Andhra Pradesh
As said before online correction may not bode well with many people for various reasons such as lack of awareness, access or knowledge. It could also be that the first time resulted in an erroneous voter ID card and they do not want to risk the same again. But the process of Voter ID correction offline in Andhra Pradesh is not as time consuming or frazzling too.
You can simply visit your regional electoral office and collect the Form 8 directly from the counter. Fill it as directed and submit it. They are sure to ask you for supporting documents for proof that warrants the change. For instance, if you are newly married and wishes to change your surname, they might ask to see your marriage certificate. After submission, the same verification process will ensue. An official will visit your place of residence to validate given information and then you can collect your new voters ID card.
Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Online in Andhra Pradesh
Many reasons can warrant an application to change one’s address in voter ID. They might have printed the address wrong or you might be moving to a different city (that is, different assembly constituency) in AP. Whatever the reason is, you have to make sure that the address is updated accordingly at the earliest in your Voter ID card too. This is not as cumbersome a process as it once was, thanks to instant online services offered by the government.
If you have newly got wedded and wish to change residence address, you will have to deliver the copy of your marriage certificate. Students are requested to submit declaration application given by their school or university principal if they are prepared to change the voter id’s address to their present address (of hostel or rental house). If you are relocated by the enterprise or government office to a new place and you want to bring up-to-date the new address on your voter ID card, you have to give a declaration application signed by your boss. The substantiation for these kinds of applications doesn’t take long if the documents are up to mark.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Log in to the Chief Electoral Officer’s using your credentials. Click on ‘Electoral Services’ in the home page.
- Select the option ‘Change of Address’ and a form will be displayed.
- Please enter EPIC number. If you do not have it with you, you can also click on ‘Don’t know EPIC’, the system will request for your district and constituency by which your number can be tracked.
- Enter the new and old address as asked and agree to the declaration (that the information given is correct). Click on submit after which the usual review and verification by an officer follow. You will soon get the new card.
Process of changes of Address for Voter Card Offline in Andhra Pradesh
You can also opt for the good old fashioned way, which is securing the Form 8 in person from the concerned regional office and doing as directed by any staff there.
The procedure on how to change address in Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh is as follows:
- Duly fill and sign the form number 8 A which is specifically designed for this purpose of changing the address.
- With all required documents for new address such as utility bill, passport, Aadhar card or ration card, submit the form at the closest Electorate office.
- The Election Commission Office will analyse your form and will send a new, modified Voter ID card to your new address.
Andhra Pradesh Election Commission
The Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission came into existence in September 1994 as per the provisions of articles 243ZA and 243K of the Constitution of India. The Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh is responsible for the supervision, preparation and updation of electoral rolls to pave way for the smooth conduct of elections to municipal bodies and panchayat raj bodies. The Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission (APSEC) is headed by an election commissioner who is appointed by the governor of the state. Dr. N.Ramesh Kumar took charge as the state election commissioner of Andhra Pradesh in April 2016. The election commission of Andhra Pradesh has no junior offices in the districts across the state.
It is important to note that the Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission is an independent body in that it cannot be deemed as a department under the control of the government of Andhra Pradesh. Nevertheless, the funds required for various administrative functions of the state election commission are provided by the Andhra Pradesh government according to the provisions of the A.P. Panchayat Raj Act,1994.
Key responsibilities of Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh
Some of the key responsibilities of Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh are listed below:
- Enforce the Model Code of Conduct (MCC) from the notification of elections to completion of elections to provide a level playing field to all contesting candidates
- Hold free and fair elections elections to all urban local bodies such as municipal corporations, municipalities and nagar panchayats in the state
- Conduct elections to gram panchayats, zilla praja parishads and mandal praja parishads across the state of Andhra Pradesh
- Supervise and control preparation of electoral rolls of various local bodies for conducting elections to municipal bodies and panchayat raj
- Register political parties and allot election symbols for local bodies’ elections
- Prepare and update handbooks for contesting candidates, returning officers and presiding officers for the benefit of candidates and officials (election duty)